This is The Eastern Gate (Oostpoort) in Delft, an example of Brick Gothic northern European architecture, was built around 1400.
The current Oostpoort is the only remaining gate of the city of Delft. The relatively lightly built gate on the ground floor high space with arrow slits, was built around 1400. The East Gate consists of a land and a water port connected by the remains of the old city wall to each other. The Watergate has a passage opening that can be closed off with gates. On the field side is at the top, in the middle, a throw hole is preserved. The stairway is located in a separate stair tower, from which also the parapet walk of the wall can be achieved. Above the tower is a guardroom.
In 1514, the Delft Oostpoort was extended with an octagonal floor, and a very steep spire. The gate was restored between 1962 and 1964 and is now an art gallery.
You see the willow tree on the right? That is the place where Han and Wanita van Meegeren took their wedding pictures. The eastern gate has a special place in our hearts, because it is one of the most beautiful old spots in the Delft centre.